Postponed Until September
TL;DR To help with global virus containment efforts Pixel Up! 2020 is postponed until September 14, 2020.
As we write this, most of us, speakers, organisers, sponsors, and attendees are now currently under some kind of travel or gathering restriction to help contain the virus. After looking at options we have chosen to postpone Pixel Up! 2020.
What will happen?
- The event date changes to 14-16 September 2020.
- Same venue, Cavalli Estate in Cape Town.
- For ticket holders, a series of exclusive remote-only meet-ups with special guest speakers starting in June until September.
- All purchased tickets are valid for the new date. If you need to change attendee details you can allocate the ticket to someone else until 30 days before the event.
Why postpone rather than cancel or remote?
- If, like us you’ve booked flights and hotels, most airlines and hotels are offering date changes for free rather than refunds.
- We typically work with small local South African suppliers to deliver our conference. We are already close to completing production for the event with them. Postponing allows us to show good faith and keep supporting local businesses through this tough time.
- Pixel Up! works best in person. Our event is not just about speakers, but attendees and sponsors get value from meeting and sharing ideas. We haven’t yet seen a remote conferencing option that comes close to delivering this.
- Hope. We live in uncertain times. While we have no guarantees, we and our partners and look forward to delivering a fantastic in-person event for the South African design community.
We appreciate that attending a conference requires significant professional and personal commitment. Making plans and commitments in these times is not easy, if you have questions, ideas, challenges, or just want to chat, please drop us a line.
Farai and Claudine